Monday, February 1, 2010

Pet Peeves

FYI: I started this post when pregnant with Will. I'd like to be clear with you all that I'm not pregnant.

I hope this post doesn't come across as too negative, but I've noticed lately that I have a lot of pet peeves. I would like to think that this is pregnancy-related and these little things won't bother me after the end of August. We'll see...

Here's the list. It's not comprehensive, which is sad. I guess I have a lot.

  • cars not parked straight in our driveway
  • not unloading the dish drainer before stacking wet dishes on top of dry
  • the word "potty"
  • phrases like "go bye-bye," "go night-night," and "go potty"
  • being called "Mommy"
  • people telling my children I have a baby "in my belly." It's not. I've been clear with Caroline that there's a baby in my womb. I know this isn't a big deal, but I'd prefer to be a little more accurate. Someone I know was told (as a child) that the baby comes out of Mommy's bottom, and this person was grossed out for at least a decade until that was straightened out. Nasty, nasty.
  • toilet seats left in the upright position
  • mayonnaise. Does it have to be a staple of all sandwiches? ... because I can't stand it! (Well, I'm not all that cracked up about sandwiches in general, but with mayo, I won't touch them.)
  • people who leave their shopping carts loose in the parking lot
  • people who park across lane lines and take up two spots
  • packages being opened incorrectly (like upside down, or when a resealable container is damaged, so it's no longer resealable)
  • typos (though of course, I create typos, too)
  • Craigslist listings that use the word "beautiful" in the heading. Sorry, that's not descriptive enough for me.
  • Winter.
  • Cats that scratch furniture. (Ahem, Katie & Janie.)
Perhaps I should loosen up a little?

Update: Um, I guess it's not pregnancy-related. These still annoy me.

No comments: