I hope this post doesn't come across as too negative, but I've noticed lately that I have a lot of pet peeves. I would like to think that this is pregnancy-related and these little things won't bother me after the end of August. We'll see...
Here's the list. It's not comprehensive, which is sad. I guess I have a lot.
- cars not parked straight in our driveway
- not unloading the dish drainer before stacking wet dishes on top of dry
- the word "potty"
- phrases like "go bye-bye," "go night-night," and "go potty"
- being called "Mommy"
- people telling my children I have a baby "in my belly." It's not. I've been clear with Caroline that there's a baby in my womb. I know this isn't a big deal, but I'd prefer to be a little more accurate. Someone I know was told (as a child) that the baby comes out of Mommy's bottom, and this person was grossed out for at least a decade until that was straightened out. Nasty, nasty.
- toilet seats left in the upright position
- mayonnaise. Does it have to be a staple of all sandwiches? ... because I can't stand it! (Well, I'm not all that cracked up about sandwiches in general, but with mayo, I won't touch them.)
- people who leave their shopping carts loose in the parking lot
- people who park across lane lines and take up two spots
- packages being opened incorrectly (like upside down, or when a resealable container is damaged, so it's no longer resealable)
- typos (though of course, I create typos, too)
- Craigslist listings that use the word "beautiful" in the heading. Sorry, that's not descriptive enough for me.
- Cats that scratch furniture. (Ahem, Katie & Janie.)
Update: Um, I guess it's not pregnancy-related. These still annoy me.