Friday, April 30, 2010

On my mind:

  • My throat hurts, a lot.
  • I really really want to get a treadmill. I keep checking Craigslist for a good deal. The only question is if I'm willing to have it out and visible in the house ... you know, since I'm trying to make the house more cozy. Nothing quite says cozy like a treadmill.
  • I have so much laundry to get done before we head out of town for a week! And not much time to get it done.
  • We're planning to get away (without kids!) for our eighth anniversary in July, and I'm excited already. We're both running on fumes these days. My parents are going to stay with the kids, and we're going to head to Chicago and use the gift certificate generously given to us for Christmas. (Thanks, Jon & Tomo!)
  • Bob's mentioned the Iowa Writer's Workshop a couple times to me lately, and it was enough to make me go check it out. Because, you know, I'm ready to start a career. (Not really. But I occasionally think I'd like to be a pharmacist, and Bob suggested that, rather than going to pharmacy school, I should study writing. And make good use of that Accounting degree I worked 3 1/2 years for.)
  • Really, my dream job would be to buy old houses and rehab them. And make a profit, I guess, though really, I'd just like to see the houses come alive again.
  • Will has decided he likes solid foods, which makes my life easier.
  • The tree next door is still down. No sign of any trimming or clean-up any time soon. Is it possible that it's our tree?
(Can you see the top of the neighbor's skateboard ramp? And the sword that's stuck in the tree trunk that's still standing? No? Well, I can.)
  • We had a really nice time with my brother-in-law Jon, when he came last weekend for a quick visit. Caroline really loves her uncle Jon, and it was no surprise when she wanted him to put her to bed. And it didn't hurt that she got to (try to) skype with Tomo in Japan on Jon's new iPad.

No comments: