Thursday, April 15, 2010

Our beloved Vanessa

is getting married. Vanessa has been our go-to babysitter for a while now, and she's leaving us on Saturday, after she up and gets married. I'd be grieving big time if I weren't so happy for her.

She offered to babysit one last time on Tuesday, and then last night, she and Jordan came over for dinner. In the week preceding her wedding, I was really honored that my girls (and boy) got to have two more nights with her. And it didn't hurt that they brought their new Great Dane puppy Zeke with them.
I asked Caroline yesterday who was coming over for dinner, and she said, "Zeke!"

Zeke was a big hit with all of us, even Lily, who wasn't quite sure what to make of him while he was here, and then looked all over the house for him after he left.

That's Lily sharing (maybe grudgingly?) her stuffed duck and her dog bed. Have I mentioned how much I love that dog?

And Vanessa, I don't know what we're going to do without you. But we think Jordan's the best, and we know you'll be happy.

May God grant you many happy and blessed years together!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, the picture of Zeke and Lily is absolutely adorable. Thanks for sharing!