Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tripping up the Back Stairs

Our house has a front and a back stairway, which is one of the features that I love about it. When we bought it, I had a hunch that we'd never use the back stairway, but, of course, I use it more than the front.

When we had all the drywalling done upstairs, they took down the light fixture in the back stairway, and Bob put it up in another room, since we were having company. We then had a dark stairway. Every night, I would either trip or be paranoid about tripping, so when we were out buying a toilet, I spotted a light fixture that I liked "well enough" for the back stairs.

It was on clearance, but I couldn't find one on the shelves. Long story short: I ended up buying the display model for $10. My mom would be proud. Bob hung it up, and I do like it, but I think it will look better when the ceiling's painted.


The kitchen light fixture has arrived, so we'll go from this (left) to this (right):















The avocado is growing roots:

I'm going to need to put it in some soil soon, and I can't wait... as long as the cats don't take it upon themselves to prune it themselves, which they have been known to do.

While my sister, brother-in-law, and niece were here, my brother-in-law helped Bob work in the yard, and one of the things they accomplished was the hacking-down of an annoying bush/shrub/tree of the honeysuckle variety (maybe?) that I can't mow under without practically getting on my hands and knees.

As you can see, there's still some hacking to do, but I'm so thankful to not have to stoop down and grumble each time I mow the grass...

No comments: