Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm a glutton for punishment.

Seriously. I mean, I ran a marathon last weekend.

And now? Now, I've fallen in love with a house. Another big old house that needs work. I previewed it two days ago, and Bob went through with me today. Am I seeing it through rose-colored glasses? Probably. Is he seeing worst-case scenarios? Probably.

Here's what I know: it's my favorite house EVER. And I've been in a lot of houses. It needs work. I am sure I don't know everything that needs to be done, but I could probably make some good guesses. As we went through the house, though, Bob looked like I'd betrayed him or something. Not good.

I've told him two things: 1. I love that house. (I'll avoid superlatives, but I could pack them in there.) 2. I do not have to have it.

Anyway, it looks like we'll have some fun conversations ahead of us.

I feel totally drained, because, of course, I wanted him to walk in and be bowled over, swept away, wowed, as I was. I think it's a good thing he wasn't. We usually balance each other pretty well, and I think this is a great example of that. But still...

No comments: