Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pet Peeve for Today

I don't plan to make this a daily thing, but I'm feeling very annoyed about something and wanted to share: ok, so John Edwards had an affair. (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/08/edwards.affair/index.html) I'm really disappointed about this. Really disappointed. How devastating for his wife and family. Infidelity is something that just seems unforgiveable to me (though I know people who've forgiven).

Here's what makes me mad, though...
Twice now, I have heard people say (different people, that is) something along the lines of "and she's not even attractive!" Ooh, boy, does this make me mad. Attractiveness is the key to a good relationship (or in this case, affair)? I guess my parents didn't teach me this one. I've also heard people say things like "I can't believe he's not married; he's so attractive!" Ugh.

I keep trying to put into words how I feel about this, but I keep coming up short. Do you get my drift, though? What the heck does attractiveness have to do with anything?

People are more (or less) deserving of a mate based on how they look?? An affair is only worth it if the person is a hottie?? Gag. Puke. I find this disgusting.

End of rant.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I so completely agree!! I was really mad when I heard about it too. I wasn't even sure how I felt about his politics, but he did seem like a decent guy. Very disappointing.
As for the attractive statement.. I have heard the same thing and felt the same way!!! Honestly I have only heard it from guys-Maybe that is the only way they can understand it. It drives me crazy too! What does attractive even mean?!?!
p.s. I like your blog... keep posting.