- Brand new, top-of-the-line kitchen (or, at the very least, maybe some cabinets and countertops??)
- New plumbing, including clearing the drains in the basement and installing an outside plumbing clean-out
- New roof, decking over the old built-in gutters, and attaching new gutters -- wait, no... if Bob had his way, and we had unlimited funds, he'd restore the built-in gutters and put on a metal standing-seam roof on the house, porch, and garage
- Have two functioning bathrooms, plus a laundry room
- Water-proof the basement
- Repair the soffits, thus preventing birds (and worse???) from entering the attic
- Refinish the hardwood floors
- Install a permanent showerhead in the upstairs bathroom, rather than a shower wand with no place to "park" it... it just hangs there
- Install nice light fixtures in all rooms
- Install ceiling fans in the upstairs bedrooms
- Bushwhack the yard and start over
- Oh, insulate the whole house! (There's no insulation.)
- Install storm windows, screens on all the windows, or maybe replace the windows? If not, then restore the sash cords/weights, etc. so that the windows stay open.
I could go on. If you have an old house, then you understand.
Now, having said all that, I LOVE THIS HOUSE. It met all my criteria, and it was in bad enough shape that we could afford it. And Bob loves it, too, now, though he loses sleep at night over how in the world we'll ever be able to fix everything.