Friday, February 6, 2009

Another touchy subject

The house we now own was a foreclosure. We know that a family lived here. It was a sad thing for us, knowing that we were getting a "good deal" because of someone else's misfortune.

As Bob was cleaning the closet in [what I call his office and he calls] his study, he came across an elementary school yearbook from a while back, and some school pictures from Jeff High School. I wanted to give these back to the boy who lived here, but I didn't know how to go about it! My concern was that by trying to get in touch with them, I might bring up more grief that they lost their house... but I didn't want him to lose those pictures forever.

So I just tracked the boy down on Facebook and sent him a message. We'll see what happens. He may not even want the pictures -- but he might! I know that I wouldn't want to lose my elementary school yearbooks, dorky though I was. Anyway, I hope I haven't rubbed salt in any wounds, and I hope he takes my message in the spirit in which it was sent.

What more can I do?

No comments: